It’s a new year, let’s make 2020 the year you improve your skincare and start investing in yourself! Skincare is an investment that you can reap the benefits of for a lifetime. If you start taking care of your skin now, you’ll enjoy healthy, wrinkle free skin much longer plus it’s also a great way to do something for yourself!
So, here are 5 ways you can improve your skincare this year by ramping up your routine.
- Get a professional plan. When you have financial goals, you go to a financial advisor. When you’re sick, you go to a doctor. So, when you want to improve your skin you should see a professional too! I’m not talking about the girls at Sephora, I’m talking about a licensed Esthetician (ME!) that knows how to evaluate your skin and guide you to the promise land!
- Update the products you’re using at home. No more Apricot Scrub. If you take my advice and see a professional Esthetician (ME!), I will recommend products for at-home use. Take them! You should wash your face twice a day at home. With each wash, at a bare minimum, you should be using a professional grade cleanser, serum and moisturizer.
- Commit to home care. You wouldn’t believe how many people tell me they don’t wash their face twice a day. I get it. I really do. BUT, you have to wash your face at night too. If you wear makeup, you understand why, but even if you don’t wear makeup, the grime that floats around in the air all day lands on your face, clogs your pores and creates funk you NEED to wash off. Commit to washing your face at night AND applying all your products.
- Schedule regular facial treatments. A lot of people think of getting a facial as a “nice to have” service but if you really want to get serious about your skincare this year you need to start thinking of them as a necessary maintenance service. Just like dying your hair to cover your grays, regular facials will help reverse and prevent future skin imperfections.
- Seasons change and so should your products. Alright, so we’ve got you using the right products, washing twice a day and coming in for facials but we can’t stop there! Remember to change your products with the season. Moisturizers should change, your SPF may need to change and your serums may need to be updated based on the weather and the condition of your skin.
Start doing these 5 things to improve your skincare this year and do something for yourself!