Etiquette and Policies
To ensure a great experience for each of my clients I ask that the following etiquette and policies be observed:
Updated March 2022
This policy is for every client that is scheduled on my book including my VIP members. Scheduled treatments are reserved especially for you. Please understand that when you forget, are unable to receive your treatment, or cancel your appointment without giving enough notice, I miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time and clients on my waiting list miss the opportunity to receive services they need.
Credit cards are required for booking – When you book your appointment, I will need a credit card or gift certificate to hold your appointment. Your card will not be touched, unless you do not show, or cancel before the deadline.
Cancellation deadline – All appointments must be cancelled 24hrs in advance. As soon as it is under the 24hr period and for ANY reason you are unable to receive your treatment (i.e. forget, show up with a contraindication, show up late and I am unable to give you your full treatment, etc.) you WILL be charged 100% the price of your service.
No shows – Clients that no show appointments with no respectful explanation will be blocked. I will not tolerate repeated no shows. If you are booking with a gift certificate, that certificate will be charged for your service and treated as remuneration.
VIP no shows – If you do not show up for your monthly appointment, you will forfeit that appointment. If you wish to still receive a facial during that month, you will then be required to pay the non-member price. This also applies to you if you are too late for your appointment or show up unable to receive your service for any reason. Please also read your VIP member information, nothing has changed, but all will be enforced.
Late arrival: If you are 10 min. late for a facial appointment, you are considered a no-show and the no-show fee will apply to you. You will then have to reschedule your appointment. If your appointment is a sugaring appointment, you will need to be on time or you are considered a no-show. I am on a very strict time schedule that I must adhere to for the respect of the next client.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: There are contraindications for services. Not to be rude, but use your best discretion. If you have an open wound of ANY kind on the face, neck or decollete (i.e. cut, sores, or even injection wounds), have had a procedure that is significant on the face , neck or decollete (i.e. filler, botox or similar), have had anything removed from the area, have any fungal, bacterial or viral infection on the area (i.e. cold sore and more), are taking any acne medicine that overly thins the skin (i.e. accutane), have a sunburn, recently had dental work and you are still healing, sore, and/or swollen…..I am sure that there is more so if you have ANY hesitation please don’t hesitate to call and ask. At this point, contraindications are a part of my cancellation policy and you will be charged the “no-show” fee for coming to your appointment and me not being able to do your service.
Thank you for your understanding. Lastly, if you continually reschedule your appointment 3 times within the required notification time, this will result in placing you on a pre-pay only basis. Your time is precious and I value every client, so I ask you to please appreciate and respect my time too as well as my other client’s time. Thank you so much for your understanding.
- Please advise Avila Skin Studio of any special health conditions on scheduling your appointment as this may effect your selected treatment(s). Should you experience high/low blood pressure, heart conditions, pregnancy, hypertension, cancer, allergies, skin rash, or any health conditions, I advise you to consult your doctor before your treatment and present me with a doctor’s note of approval. I have the right to refuse service due to contraindicated health conditions.
- Avila Skin Studio recognizes that both Esthetician and clients are vulnerable to infections and therefore ask clients to cancel appointments when they are feeling unwell. If you have any of the following contagious illnesses your treatments will be rescheduled: Diarrhea, Vomiting, Fever, Chicken Pox, Shingles, Measles, Mumps, Meningitis, Hepatitis A, Conjunctivitis, Cold Sores, Rubella, Head Lice, Impetigo, Influenza, Meningococcal Disease, Polio, Ringworm of the body, feet or scalp, Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, Scabies, Sore Throat, Thrush, Whooping cough, sunburn on the area being treated, received any aggressive treatment from another Esthetician and/or dermatologist or medical professional, and the common cold. These are just to name a few, so please use your best judgment when confirming your appointment.
Late arrival may result in a shortened treatment time to ensure that the next guest is not delayed. Please appreciate that I cannot adjust pricing for reduced service time due to late arrival. In most cases, after 15 minutes you appointment will be cancelled, rescheduled with applicable charges. (Please see my cancellation policy for full details.)
Sanitation and Sterilization
Method of Payment
Returns and Exchanges
- Un-opened products – In-studio credit or exchange with receipt within 14 days of purchase. All gift cards and pre-paid services are non-refundable. Sale items, make-up, nail polish etc are final sale.
- Opened products – At Avila Skin Studio all my skin care products are sold as brand new and for personal use only. I cannot give refunds on any skin care products sold to due to personal hygiene and health and safety reasons. If there is a fault with the product I can send back to the manufacturer for review.
- Services – At Avila Skin Studio all my treatments are carried out by myself a Licensed Esthetician. If you have had a treatment that you are unsatisfied with please contact me immediately. I cannot give refunds on any treatments but I will look into your concerns immediately.
- Series of Treatments – Unfortunately I am unable to issue returns or reimburse any payment transactions on my series of treatments that are purchased. I will exchange them for you for other spa series of equal value or credit of equal value.
Gift Certificate and Online Vouchers
- Any opinions and claims made should not be construed as medical advice. No information provided by me should be construed as a claim or representation that my services are intended for any use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of any conditions of a medical nature.
- I do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of any information or the consequence arising from using my website or services and before any use of my services is undertaken you should ensure that you have taken qualified medical advice.
- If you think you are suffering from a medical condition see your doctor. Do not self diagnose. It is important that you do this before any treatments are undertaken.
- At no time before or during the provision of any treatments by Avila Skin Studio will I make any medical diagnosis upon you. I will not be held responsible for any injury, loss and or damage to any person or property as a result of any treatment, negligence or otherwise. No claims or endorsements are made for any treatments that are available by Avila Skin Studio.
- You are fully responsible for your own health throughout any treatment and/or stay with me and therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically fit to undergo any treatment.
- You are hereby advised to seek advice from your doctor before undergoing any treatment with Avila Skin Studio.
- The Esthetician or Avila Skin Studio may reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for inappropriate behavior, illness listed as contraindications for services or as deemed necessary. The client also has the right to stop the treatments at any time.
- The Esthetician and Avila Skin Studio assumes no responsibility for any disclosed or undisclosed illness or personal injury.
Avila Skin Studio has the right to cancel or reschedule a treatment without notice. I have the right to change your service without notice.By CALLING or scheduling your appointment ONLINE , you are indicating that you understand and accept these terms and conditions stated in the Avila Skin Studio Policies.