Etiquette and Policies
To ensure a great experience for each of my clients I ask that the following etiquette and policies be observed:
- Please advise Avila Skin Studio of any special health conditions on scheduling your appointment as this may effect your selected treatment(s). Should you experience high/low blood pressure, heart conditions, pregnancy, hypertension, cancer, allergies, skin rash, or any health conditions, I advise you to consult your doctor before your treatment and present me with a doctor’s note of approval. I have the right to refuse service due to contraindicated health conditions.
- Avila Skin Studio recognizes that both Esthetician and clients are vulnerable to infections and therefore ask clients to cancel appointments when they are feeling unwell. If you have any of the following contagious illnesses your treatments will be rescheduled: Diarrhea, Vomiting, Fever, Chicken Pox, Shingles, Measles, Mumps, Meningitis, Hepatitis A, Conjunctivitis, Cold Sores, Rubella, Head Lice, Impetigo, Influenza, Meningococcal Disease, Polio, Ringworm of the body, feet or scalp, Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, Scabies, Sore Throat, Thrush, Whooping cough, sunburn on the area being treated, received any aggressive treatment from another Esthetician and/or dermatologist or medical professional, and the common cold. These are just to name a few, so please use your best judgment when confirming your appointment.
This policy will be strictly enforced with no exceptions. This policy is for every client that is scheduled on my book including my VIP members.
Scheduled treatments are reserved especially for you. Please understand that when you forget or cancel your appointment without giving enough notice, I miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time and clients on my waiting list miss the opportunity to receive services they need. When you book your appointment, I will need a credit card to hold your appointment. Your card will not be touched, unless you do not show, or cancel before the deadline. My deadline is: I require 24 hour notice for any cancellation for weekday appointments. I now require 48 hour notice for appointments lasting over 90 min., evenings after 5pm and Saturday appointments, as these times are very difficult to fill last minute. In the event that I do not receive the required notice for adjustments and cancellations the following fees will be applied to your card:
• Notification given at least 24 hours prior to your appointment will receive no charges.
• Notification given less than 24 hour prior to appointment time will result in a 100% charge of the service booked.
• Failure to show up for your appointment will result in a 100% charge of the reserved service amount. Clients that no show appointments with no respectful explination will be blocked. I will not tolerate repeated times of not showing up.
A non-refundable deposit will be required for appointments over 90 min. I require 48 hours notice for cancellations for appointments above 90 min. If you need to move your appointment prior to 48 hours, your appointment and deposit will be moved together and applied to your next appointment.
VIP no shows: If you do not show up for your monthly appointment, you will forfeit that appointment. If you wish to still receive a facial during that month, you will then be required to pay the non-member price. This also applies to you if you are too late for your appointment. Please also read your VIP member information, nothing has changed, but all will be enforced.
Late shows: If you are 10 min. late for an appintment, you are considered a no-show and the no-show fee will apply to you. You will then have to reschedule your appointment. If your appointment is 30 minutes or less on my schedule (i.e. eyebrow sugar that is blocked off for 15 min. etc.), you will need to be on time or you are considered a no-show. I am on a very strict time schedule that I must adhere to for the respect of the next client.
Lastly, if you reschedule your appointment 3 times within the required notification time, this will result in placing you on a pre-pay only basis.
Your time is precious and I value every client, so I ask you to please appreciate and respect my time too as well as my other client’s time.
Thank you so much.
Sanitation and Sterilization
Method of Payment
Returns and Exchanges
- Un-opened products – In-studio credit or exchange with receipt within 14 days of purchase. All gift cards and pre-paid services are non-refundable. Sale items, make-up, nail polish etc are final sale.
- Opened products – At Avila Skin Studio all my skin care products are sold as brand new and for personal use only. I cannot give refunds on any skin care products sold to due to personal hygiene and health and safety reasons. If there is a fault with the product I can send back to the manufacturer for review.
- Services – At Avila Skin Studio all my treatments are carried out by myself a Licensed Esthetician. If you have had a treatment that you are unsatisfied with please contact me immediately. I cannot give refunds on any treatments but I will look into your concerns immediately.
- Series of Treatments – Unfortunately I am unable to issue returns or reimburse any payment transactions on my series of treatments that are purchased. I will exchange them for you for other spa series of equal value or credit of equal value.
Gift Certificate and Online Vouchers
- Any opinions and claims made should not be construed as medical advice. No information provided by me should be construed as a claim or representation that my services are intended for any use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of any conditions of a medical nature.
- I do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of any information or the consequence arising from using my website or services and before any use of my services is undertaken you should ensure that you have taken qualified medical advice.
- If you think you are suffering from a medical condition see your doctor. Do not self diagnose. It is important that you do this before any treatments are undertaken.
- At no time before or during the provision of any treatments by Avila Skin Studio will I make any medical diagnosis upon you. I will not be held responsible for any injury, loss and or damage to any person or property as a result of any treatment, negligence or otherwise. No claims or endorsements are made for any treatments that are available by Avila Skin Studio.
- You are fully responsible for your own health throughout any treatment and/or stay with me and therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically fit to undergo any treatment.
- You are hereby advised to seek advice from your doctor before undergoing any treatment with Avila Skin Studio.
- The Esthetician or Avila Skin Studio may reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for inappropriate behavior, illness listed as contraindications for services or as deemed necessary. The client also has the right to stop the treatments at any time.
- The Esthetician and Avila Skin Studio assumes no responsibility for any disclosed or undisclosed illness or personal injury.
Avila Skin Studio has the right to cancel or reschedule a treatment without notice. I have the right to change your service without notice.By CALLING or scheduling your appointment ONLINE , you are indicating that you understand and accept these terms and conditions stated in the Avila Skin Studio Policies.