Etiquette and Policies
To ensure a great experience for each of my clients I ask that the following etiquette and policies be observed:
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow time for you to check-in, fill out or update paperwork. New guests will be asked to complete a confidential consultation form questionnaire; designed with your well-being in mind. You may also be asked to update your information on a regular basis. If there are any changes, please inform me prior to your scheduled service.
- Please advise Avila Skin Studio of any special health conditions on scheduling your appointment as this may effect your selected treatment(s). Should you experience high/low blood pressure, heart conditions, pregnancy, hypertension, cancer, allergies, skin rash, or any health conditions, I advise you to consult your doctor before your treatment and present me with a doctor’s note of approval. I have the right to refuse service due to contraindicated health conditions.
- Avila Skin Studio recognizes that both Esthetician and clients are vulnerable to infections and therefore ask clients to cancel appointments when they are feeling unwell. If you have any of the following contagious illnesses your treatments will be rescheduled: Diarrhea, Vomiting, Fever, Chicken Pox, Shingles, Measles, Mumps, Meningitis, Hepatitis A, Conjunctivitis, Cold Sores, Rubella, Head Lice, Impetigo, Influenza, Meningococcal Disease, Polio, Ringworm of the body, feet or scalp, Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, Scabies, Sore Throat, Thrush, Whooping cough, sunburn on the area being treated, received any aggressive treatment from another Esthetician and/or dermatologist or medical professional, and the common cold. These are just to name a few, so please use your best judgment when confirming your appointment.
Late arrival may result in a shortened treatment time to ensure that the next guest is not delayed. Please appreciate that I cannot adjust pricing for reduced service time due to late arrival. In most cases, after 15 minutes you appointment will be cancelled, rescheduled with applicable charges. (Please see my cancellation policy for full details.)
Please turn your cell phones off or set on silent during your time at the studio in consideration of others and enjoy your “me time”.
- All bookings must be guaranteed with a credit card.
- Your appointments are very important to Avila Skin Studio and are reserved especially for you. Should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, I respectfully request at least 24 hour notice. Please understand that when you forget or cancel your appointment without giving enough notice, I miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time and clients on my waiting list miss the opportunity to receive services.
- My online booking system sends out 2 reminders 48 and 24 hours in advance. Please understand that it is your responsibility to remember your appointment dates and times to avoid late arrivals, missed appointments and the cancellation fee. Since the services are reserved for you personally, a cancellation fee will apply.
- In the event that I do not receive the required notice for adjustments and cancellations the following fees will be applied to your card or alternatively billed out to you via PayPal:
- Notification given at least 24 hours prior to your appointment will receive no charges.
- Notification given less than 24 hour prior to appointment time will result in a full charge of the service booked.
- Failure to show up for your appointment will result in a 100% charge of the reserved service amount.
If you can not respect my policies, then I can’t afford to do business with you.
The cancellation policy allows me the time to inform my standby clients of any availability, as well as keeping my schedule filled, in order to better serve everyone. Avila Skin Studio’s policies are presented and provided in the best quality and tradition of excellent servicing for my established and future clientele.
You must confirm your appointment! A confirmation email will be sent to you 48 hours in advance and there is a confirmation button on that email. If your appointment isn’t confirmed there is a possibility that I could assume you won’t be here therefore resulting in me cancelling your appointment and giving it to someone that is a definite.
Sanitation and Sterilization
Sanitation is a priority at Avila Skin Studio. I use hospital grade sterilizer and virucides to thoroughly disinfect and clean all of my tools and equipment. If an item cannot be thoroughly sterilized it is thrown away after use.
Due to the potentially hazardous chemical and expensive equipment in the studio, please make other arrangements for your children on appointment days. Avila Skin Studio, reserves the right to cancel your appointment and charge you for the booking – NO Exceptions! Avila Skin Studio, will not be held accountable for injury or accidents to, or caused by, unsupervised children.
Clients under 18 years old MUST have a parent or guardian present and/or have written permission from their parents or guardian prior to their first service.
Method of Payment
I accept cash, Gift Certificates purchased through me, and credit cards. Prices are subject to applicable taxes. Prices are subject to change. Treatment times are approximate. Gratuities are not included in the service price and are not expected, but always appreciated.
Returns and Exchanges
- Un-opened products – In-studio credit or exchange with receipt within 14 days of purchase. All gift cards and pre-paid services are non-refundable. Sale items, make-up, nail polish etc are final sale.
- Opened products – At Avila Skin Studio all my skin care products are sold as brand new and for personal use only. I cannot give refunds on any skin care products sold to due to personal hygiene and health and safety reasons. If there is a fault with the product I can send back to the manufacturer for review.
- Services – At Avila Skin Studio all my treatments are carried out by myself a Licensed Esthetician. If you have had a treatment that you are unsatisfied with please contact me immediately. I cannot give refunds on any treatments but I will look into your concerns immediately.
- Series of Treatments – Unfortunately I am unable to issue returns or reimburse any payment transactions on my series of treatments that are purchased. I will exchange them for you for other spa series of equal value or credit of equal value.
You may be asked to remove jewelry for some treatments. However, Avila Skin Studio does not assume liability for lost personal items.
Gratuities are entirely at your discretion and are not included in the price of my services, packages, or gift cards but often range from 15% to 20% in the Spa Industry. If you buy a Package of Services or a VIP member, a tip is appreciated after each service session for the time serviced.
Gift Certificate and Online Vouchers
Gift Certificates are non-refundable and are not redeemable for cash. All gift certificates and must be mentioned prior to making your appointment. Additionally, gift certificates must be presented at your appointment. Multiple gift certificates may not be combined towards a single service or product purchase. Gift Certificates can only be used on full priced services. Dollar amount gift certificates do not include taxes and gratuity.
Promotions or specials can not be used or combined with any other offer, promotions or third party gift certificates and online vouchers.
Please read this disclaimer carefully before using this website or agreeing to use the services at Avila Skin Studio. All opinions and claims on this website are my own based on my own research and knowledge.
- Any opinions and claims made should not be construed as medical advice. No information provided by me should be construed as a claim or representation that my services are intended for any use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of any conditions of a medical nature.
- I do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of any information or the consequence arising from using my website or services and before any use of my services is undertaken you should ensure that you have taken qualified medical advice.
- If you think you are suffering from a medical condition see your doctor. Do not self diagnose. It is important that you do this before any treatments are undertaken.
- At no time before or during the provision of any treatments by Avila Skin Studio will I make any medical diagnosis upon you. I will not be held responsible for any injury, loss and or damage to any person or property as a result of any treatment, negligence or otherwise. No claims or endorsements are made for any treatments that are available by Avila Skin Studio.
- You are fully responsible for your own health throughout any treatment and/or stay with me and therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically fit to undergo any treatment.
- You are hereby advised to seek advice from your doctor before undergoing any treatment with Avila Skin Studio.
- The Esthetician or Avila Skin Studio may reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for inappropriate behavior, illness listed as contraindications for services or as deemed necessary. The client also has the right to stop the treatments at any time.
- The Esthetician and Avila Skin Studio assumes no responsibility for any disclosed or undisclosed illness or personal injury.
Avila Skin Studio has the right to cancel or reschedule a treatment without notice. I have the right to change your service without notice.
By CALLING or scheduling your appointment ONLINE , you are indicating that you understand and accept these terms and conditions stated in the Avila Skin Studio Policies.
Thank you for understanding and adhering to these policies!